RE: [dhcwg] DHC WG charter

"Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se> Thu, 13 June 2002 14:06 UTC

From: "Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se>
To: "'Bound, Jim'" <Jim.Bound@hp.com>, Ralph Droms <rdroms@cisco.com>, dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] DHC WG charter
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:02:52 -0500
Sender: dhcwg-admin@ietf.org

Jim:

Yes mobility and prefix delegation would be good to consider. I think it
might already be addressed by:
>   - Develop extensions to DHCPv6 for prefix delegation, DNS
>     configuration, etc.

Regarding your addition:
>- Determine the requirements for DHC to support the dynamic renumbering
>of networks using fast path delegaion as CPE front end between ISP and
>Private Networks.

This seems too specific and I'm not exactly sure what it means. Perhaps the
requirement is to determine how DHCP can be used to assist in rapid
renumbering of networks?

- Bernie