Re: [Dime] Proposed REQ 35 Text

<lionel.morand@orange.com> Wed, 27 March 2013 14:55 UTC

From: lionel.morand@orange.com
To: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>, "dime@ietf.org" <dime@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:55:12 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.197.38.3]
Subject: Re: [Dime] Proposed REQ 35 Text

Hi,

Following the discussion in the meeting, here is my interpretation.
I said during the meeting that a new application will only be able to go through existing relay and redirect agent and not through "legacy" proxies i.e. proxies not supporting/advertising the new application.

So the question is simple: in the requirement elaboration phase, are we sure that any solution based on a new App-id will be rejected?

If not: the "SHOULD" is meaningful in REQ35.