RE: [Dime] Review of draft-tsou-dime-base-routing-ext-03.txt

<jouni.korhonen@teliasonera.com> Mon, 10 December 2007 21:48 UTC

Subject: RE: [Dime] Review of draft-tsou-dime-base-routing-ext-03.txt
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 22:48:54 +0100
From: jouni.korhonen@teliasonera.com
To: tasveren@sonusnet.com, dime@ietf.org

Hi Tolga,

> Hi Jouni,
>
> A bit off topic but one question below.
>
> Thanks,
> Tolga
>

> > Hi Gil,
> >
> > The functionality referenced earlier was actually requested by
> > operators to enable some of their potential roaming and deployment
> > scenarios. "Forcing" next hop is, for example, for
> deployments where a
> > shared NAP advertises a number direct roaming connections
> for realms
> > (say A.com, B.com and C.com) but
> [TOLGA]How does this advertisement work? Capability exchange
> mechanism does not have that type of capability(i.e.
> advertising application support per realm).

That's typically done before gaining the access to the network.
The access network may for example use RFC4284 to advertise realms
or then some access technology specific way (like .11u, .16g etc).

I am not actually sure what you are after with your question
related to capability exchange.

Cheers,
	Jouni