Re: [Dime] [dime] #44: Incorrect sequence number behavior

Steve Donovan <srdonovan@usdonovans.com> Mon, 24 February 2014 21:24 UTC

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:24:10 -0600
From: Steve Donovan <srdonovan@usdonovans.com>
To: lionel.morand@orange.com, "dime@ietf.org" <dime@ietf.org>, "draft-docdt-dime-ovli@tools.ietf.org" <draft-docdt-dime-ovli@tools.ietf.org>, "ben@nostrum.com" <ben@nostrum.com>
Subject: Re: [Dime] [dime] #44: Incorrect sequence number behavior

Lionel,

I believe that Ben's issue was with the following wording in section 4.3

   The Sequence-Number AVP indicates the "freshness" of the OC-OLR AVP.
   It is possible to replay the same OC-OLR AVP multiple times between
   the overload control endpoints, however, when the OC-OLR AVP content
   changes or sending endpoint otherwise wants the receiving endpoint to
   update its overload control information, then the OC-Sequence-Number
   AVP MUST contain a new greater value than the previously received.
   The receiver SHOULD discard an OC-OLR AVP with a sequence number that
   is less than previously received one.

The wording you reference is in section 5.5.2.

The above wording can be improved by changing the last sentence to "The
reacting node SHOULD discard an OC-OLR AVP with a sequence number that
is less than or equal to the previously received sequence number."

Steve