Re: [DMM] New Liaison Statement, "CP-173160: New Study Item on User Plane Protocol in 5GC"

Arashmid Akhavain <arashmid.akhavain@huawei.com> Thu, 19 July 2018 13:53 UTC

From: Arashmid Akhavain <arashmid.akhavain@huawei.com>
To: "Sri Gundavelli (sgundave)" <sgundave=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "dmm@ietf.org" <dmm@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:53:08 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.87.99]
Subject: Re: [DMM] New Liaison Statement, "CP-173160: New Study Item on User Plane Protocol in 5GC"

I agree with the current LS

Arashmid

From: dmm [mailto:dmm-bounces@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Sri Gundavelli (sgundave)
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 3:49 PM
To: dmm@ietf.org

All:

Thank you for the discussion today in the DMM meeting on the Liaison response to 3GPP CT4 group.  There was one comment at the microphone that we should not reference individual I-D's (non working documents) in the response. But, as we discussed and per the below summary, we have explained the criteria for inclusion / exclusion of I-D's.  If you still object to it, please let us know. We are extending the deadline for comments till Friday, 20th of July.

Dapeng & Sri

Re: [DMM] New Liaison Statement, "CP-173160: New Study Item on User Plane Protocol in 5GC"

"Sri Gundavelli (sgundave)" <sgundave@cisco.com<mailto:sgundave@cisco.com>> Mon, 09 July 2018 17:35 UTCShow header<https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/dmm/>

Ok!  Thank you Kalyani and Arashmid.

Change-1: Add to the last sentence.

"Also please provide any evaluation criteria that could help us in progressing our work to support 5G."

Change-2: Add to the second sentence, of second paragraph

+ " and building proof of concept demos."

Now, I need to pull this back for edits. Let me do that.  I hope this makes a difference in CT4 discussions.

All - Let us know if you have any issue with these additions, or to the original proposed text.

Sri

On 7/9/18, 9:41 AM, "Bogineni, Kalyani" <Kalyani.Bogineni@VerizonWireless.com<mailto:Kalyani.Bogineni@VerizonWireless.com<mailto:Kalyani.Bogineni@VerizonWireless.com%3cmailto:Kalyani.Bogineni@VerizonWireless.com>>> wrote:

Sri:

Here is one edit in the last sentence to allow IETF to take feedback from 3GPP:

"Please let us know if you need any additional information. Also please provide any evaluation criteria that

could help us in progressing our work to support 5G."

Kalyani