Re: [DMM] New Liaison Statement, "CP-173160: New Study Item on User Plane Protocol in 5GC"

Arashmid Akhavain <arashmid.akhavain@huawei.com> Mon, 09 July 2018 14:23 UTC

From: Arashmid Akhavain <arashmid.akhavain@huawei.com>
To: "Sri Gundavelli (sgundave)" <sgundave@cisco.com>, "dmm@ietf.org" <dmm@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 14:23:29 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.193.61.47]
Subject: Re: [DMM] New Liaison Statement, "CP-173160: New Study Item on User Plane Protocol in 5GC"

Hi Sri,

Thank you for your clarifying email. The POC draft talks about the SRv6 demos and I can see how it can be seen as a
document advocating a particular solution strategy.
So, I agree that we should stay away from specific POCs and drafts in the LS. Having said that however,
I think a general statement about proof of concepts can help the cause.

At this point I think it is more important to discuss the GAPs in existing system rather than focusing on different
solutions. That's why I really like what draft-hmm-dmm-5g-uplane-analysis-00 is trying to do.

Cheers,
Arashmid