Re: [DNSOP] draft-adpkja-dnsop-special-names-problem-01

Robert Edmonds <edmonds@mycre.ws> Sat, 02 April 2016 20:11 UTC

Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2016 16:11:37 -0400
From: Robert Edmonds <edmonds@mycre.ws>
To: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Cc: "dnsop@ietf.org" <dnsop@ietf.org>, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@vpnc.org>
Subject: Re: [DNSOP] draft-adpkja-dnsop-special-names-problem-01

You are complaining about the following text:

   In [RFC2826] the IAB noted that

      "To remain a global network, the Internet requires the existence
      of a globally unique public name space.  The DNS name space is a
      hierarchical name space derived from a single, globally unique
      root."

Abley, et al.           Expires September 9, 2016               [Page 7]

Internet-Draft     Top-Level/Special-Use Domain Names         March 2016

      "Maintaining a globally-unique public namespace that supports
      different name resolution protocols is hence an architectural
      requirement, and some facility for reservation of top-level
      domains in the DNS is necessary."

   If [...]

>From the context it would appear the second paragraph surrounded by
double-quotes is actually part of the main text of the document and not
a quote.

Note the indentation in the markup:

https://github.com/ableyjoe/draft-adpkja-dnsop-special-names-problem/blob/bd566c665630c96b415ed28caec48f27267d57c9/draft-adpkja-dnsop-special-names-problem.xml#L342-L354

Probably there is a missing <t> at the beginning of line 351.