Re: [DNSOP] WGLC: Requirements for Management of Name Servers for the DNS

Doug Barton <dougb@dougbarton.us> Sun, 22 March 2009 05:43 UTC

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 22:44:42 -0700
From: Doug Barton <dougb@dougbarton.us>
To: IETF DNSOP WG <dnsop@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [DNSOP] WGLC: Requirements for Management of Name Servers for the DNS

Peter Koch wrote:
> Dear WG,
>
> this is to initiate a working group last call on
>
>         "Requirements for Management of Name Servers for the DNS"
>         draft-ietf-dnsop-name-server-management-reqs-02.txt
>
> ending Friday, 2009-04-10, 23:59 UTC.  The tools site gives easy access to
> diffs and such under
>  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-name-server-management-reqs-02>.

I've read the draft at the URL above and am generally supportive of
its moving forward. I noticed the following nits. Assuming that the
grammatical issues could be sorted out down the road I would not
object to the draft moving forward without the other issues I mention
below being addressed.

hope this helps,

Doug

Abstract: "not a interoperable" should be "not an ..."
Abstract: The last paragraph is awkward. Perhaps:
	This document discusses the requirements of a management
	system for DNS name servers and can be used as a shopping
	list of needed features for such a system.

1. Introduction: "not a interoperable" should be "not an ..."
1. Introduction: The awkward paragraph from the Abstract is repeated here.
2.1.1 Zone Size Constraints: The last sentence is awkward. Perhaps:
	Both deployment scenarios are common.
2.1.3 Configuration Data Volatility: Same as 2.1.1 above.
2.1.5 Common Data Model: "is needed for of the operations discussion"
	the "of" there should be removed
3.1.1 Needed Control Operations
	The ability to do a reload on an individual zone should probably be
mentioned here.