Re: [dtn-security] Newbie seeking some security related advice

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Tue, 09 June 2009 17:07 UTC

Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 17:58:51 +0100
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: "Ivancic, William D. (GRC-RHN0)" <william.d.ivancic@nasa.gov>
Cc: "dtn-security@maillists.intel-research.net" <dtn-security@maillists.intel-research.net>
Subject: Re: [dtn-security] Newbie seeking some security related advice

I agree about being wary of marketing-speak.

However, if you have an environment where you are sometimes disrupted
then looking at a DTN option is quite reasonable. I can well imagine
someone doing a good job with voice over the BP esp. with that
superseding bundle stuff (2nd mention today:-), but of course doing
it well would be non-trivial.

Who's talking about DTN for air traffic control?

S.