Re: [e2md] Problem statement, Requirements and Use Cases

"Cartwright, Kenneth" <kcartwright@tnsi.com> Wed, 19 May 2010 19:05 UTC

From: "Cartwright, Kenneth" <kcartwright@tnsi.com>
To: "PFAUTZ, PENN L (ATTCORP)" <pp3129@att.com>, "E.164 To MetaData BOF discussion list" <e2md@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 14:58:07 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [e2md] Problem statement, Requirements and Use Cases

Applying Penn's general phraseology to Rich's CNAM, one might say the high-level CNAM problem statement is...

Use RFC 3761 technology to provide a standardized query/response protocol for the Calling Name information of E.164 numbers in either public or access controlled environments.

But to keep Dean happy, ( :-) just teasing Dean), here's a more generic way of stating this...

Using technologies that coherently integrate with existing, IP based, call establishment technology stacks and call flows, provide a standardized query/response protocol for the Calling Name information of E.164 numbers in either public or access controlled environments.

Rich can probably offer a more thorough problem statement.  But the more detailed requirements are already documented elsewhere.

Ken