Re: [earlywarning] (no subject)

Kepeng Li <likepeng@huawei.com> Fri, 26 March 2010 02:08 UTC

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 19:12:29 -0700
From: Kepeng Li <likepeng@huawei.com>
To: 'Brian Rosen' <br@brianrosen.net>, "'SENNETT, DEWAYNE A (ATTCINW)'" <DS2225@att.com>, "'DALY, BRIAN K (ATTCINW)'" <BD2985@att.com>, keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com, earlywarning@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [earlywarning] (no subject)

I agree that we should not exclude the wireless device connected to the
Internet.

Whether or not to have a standard in IETF for internet is another issue.

Kepeng

·¢¼þÈË: earlywarning-bounces@ietf.org [mailto:earlywarning-bounces@ietf.org]
´ú±í Brian Rosen
·¢ËÍʱ¼ä: 2010Äê3ÔÂ25ÈÕ 17:59
ÊÕ¼þÈË: SENNETT, DEWAYNE A (ATTCINW); DALY, BRIAN K (ATTCINW);
keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com; earlywarning@ietf.org
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [earlywarning] (no subject)

I think this is silly.

No one is working on alert mechanisms that apply to the Internet.

The Internet is global, ubiquitous and independent of L2.  The proposed work
applies to any kind of device connected to the Internet.  Whatever scale
problems exist apply to all L2s one way or another.  They must be faced and
solved for the work to be useful.  To exclude wireless IMS systems based on
the notion that someone else is working on a system limited to cell
broadcast is, in my opinion, not a good idea.

I do well understand that vendors and carriers don¡¯t like multiple answers
to the same problem.  I get that.  However, the IETF is the proper place to
do work on alerts on the Internet, and should not exclude parts of the
Internet.

Brian