RE: [Enum] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-lewis-enum-teluri-e212-00.txt

"Stastny Richard" <Richard.Stastny@oefeg.at> Fri, 23 February 2007 08:39 UTC

Subject: RE: [Enum] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-lewis-enum-teluri-e212-00.txt
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:38:51 +0100
From: Stastny Richard <Richard.Stastny@oefeg.at>
To: "Yu, James" <james.yu@neustar.biz>, "LIND, STEVEN D, ATTLABS" <sdlind@att.com>
Cc: IETF ENUM WG <enum@ietf.org>

Hi James,

I still do not see the need (in current mobile practice)
for the usage of the IMSI of the B-subscriber derived from
the E.164 number in call-set-up

The IMSI (and the Private User Identity in IMS) is only
used during registration from the A-subscriber and the
A subscriber knows his IMSI (or Private UID) anyway.

And there are rules in 3GPP to derive a realm from MCC+MNC

Richard

IMSI
> or MCC+MNC information in Carrier/Operator/Infrastructure ENUM
> environment.  It can also be used in private ENUM offering before
> Carrier/Operator/ Infrastructure ENUM is deployed.
>
> James

NAPTR