RE: [Enum] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-lewis-enum-teluri-e212-00.txt

"Yu, James" <james.yu@neustar.biz> Thu, 22 February 2007 18:04 UTC

Subject: RE: [Enum] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-lewis-enum-teluri-e212-00.txt
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:04:52 -0500
From: "Yu, James" <james.yu@neustar.biz>
To: "LIND, STEVEN D, ATTLABS" <sdlind@att.com>
Cc: IETF ENUM WG <enum@ietf.org>

Steve,

Yes but this I-D is not just for voice (e.g., could be for messaging
services such as SMS, MMS and IM).

A mobile operator may include this specific NAPTR RR to contain the IMSI
or MCC+MNC information in Carrier/Operator/Infrastructure ENUM
environment.  It can also be used in private ENUM offering before
Carrier/Operator/ Infrastructure ENUM is deployed.

James