Re: [Enum] Fwd: [vpim] Last Call: 'Voice Messaging Directory Service' to Proposed Standard

"Stastny Richard" <Richard.Stastny@oefeg.at> Mon, 07 February 2005 14:04 UTC

From: Stastny Richard <Richard.Stastny@oefeg.at>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:04:36 -0500
To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <"enum at ietf.org">
Subject: Re: [Enum] Fwd: [vpim] Last Call: 'Voice Messaging Directory Service' to Proposed Standard

So once again and officially:

I suggest or request the following change to
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-routing-08.txt

to use instead of
enumservice voice:dir
either
enumservice vpim:ldap (best choice) or
enumservice vpim:dir

Rationale:
'voice' (as an Enumservice type) has already been "booked" in the VOVI
drafts.
Vovi-02 has only just expired, and we haven't yet shipped Vovi-3 only
to refresh
it as we're awaiting clarification on what the heck happened with
Vovi's last call
- this was to have taken place once we updated the draft to reflect
concerns with
Vovi-1, which we did, since which time...

As the Enumservice type 'voice' is the 'top' of the IANA tree, we can't
have two
totally different Enumservices with the same type string, even if they
have different
subtypes.

regards
Richard