Re: [Enum] Fwd: [vpim] Last Call: 'Voice Messaging Directory Service' to Proposed Standard

lconroy <lconroy@insensate.co.uk> Fri, 04 February 2005 00:00 UTC

From: lconroy <lconroy@insensate.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:00:57 -0500
To: Richard Shockey <"richard at shockey.us">
Subject: Re: [Enum] Fwd: [vpim] Last Call: 'Voice Messaging Directory Service' to Proposed Standard

Hi Rich,
  I have one comment on this draft as it stands - over my dead and
smoking body.

'voice' (as an Enumservice type) has already been "booked" in the VOVI
drafts.
Vovi-02 has only just expired, and we haven't yet shipped Vovi-3 only
to refresh
it as we're awaiting clarification on what the heck happened with
Vovi's last call
- this was to have taken place once we updated the draft to reflect
concerns with
Vovi-1, which we did, since which time...

As the Enumservice type 'voice' is the 'top' of the IANA tree, we can't
have two
totally different Enumservices with the same type string, even if they
have different
subtypes.

BTW, that's why it's an interesting choice to do Enumservices in
separate WGs,
and it's why many thanks to Rich for cross-posting, as I'm not on the
vpim ML
- why would I be? Then again, why would a VPIMmer be bothered with the
ENUM ML?

The vpim:mailto in -routing-08 is fine, it's just the voice:dir that's
a problem.
Can we sort this clash please?

all the best,
  Lawrence