Re: [Gen-art] Now available - the Gen-ART review tool

Ben Campbell <ben@estacado.net> Tue, 01 November 2011 22:35 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@estacado.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 17:35:36 -0500
To: Mary Barnes <mary.ietf.barnes@gmail.com>
Cc: gen-art@ietf.org, Tero Kivinen <kivinen@iki.fi>, Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Now available - the Gen-ART review tool

I have mixed emotions on this one. I do a lot of reviews offline, so having to enter it into a form could be a pain. As it is, I just "send" the email, and my computer takes care of it when get back online. Also, I use my iPad for a lot of reviews, and most of the IETF tools that involve uploading content don't work from an iPad. I can paste into a text field, but I can't upload a file--which is the metaphor most of the other tools use.

OTOH, the "paste a URL" approach is error prone. The pasted URI has nothing to tell me I put in the right one. If I make a cut/paste error, I'm not likely to notice it. Maybe if the actual content was displayed after saving, I would have a chance to notice a problem and fix it.