Re: [GROW] draft-ietf-grow-simple-va

Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net> Sat, 28 April 2012 23:44 UTC

Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 01:43:54 +0200
From: Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net>
To: "grow@ietf.org" <grow@ietf.org>, "iesg@ietf.org" <iesg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [GROW] draft-ietf-grow-simple-va

Hi,

Just to put things in perspective I run a few searches today and wrote a
little script to see what was the former GROW WG traffic for already
issued RFCs when AD was Mr. Bonica:

RFC6198 -  5 people active on the list (-WG chairs and AD) - 26 messages
RFC6382 - 17 people active on the list (-WG chairs and AD) - 53 messages
RFC6396 - 12 people active on the list (-WG chairs and AD) - 87 messages
RFC6397 -  4 people active on the list (-WG chairs and AD) - 28 messages
RFC6441 - 13 people active on the list (-WG chairs and AD) - 47 messages

With discussions reg -va and simple-va we have this:

12 people active on the list (-WG chairs and AD) - 77 messages

Then as mentioned below one should consider other working groups like
RRG or IDR also discussing the drafts in question. Last but not least to
serve a community better one could get to some effort to google a bit
and see that juniper-nsp had number of discussions on the very subject
as well:

29 messages -
http://markmail.org/message/wno3b62wv4j7m74e#query:+page:1+mid:vwb3rnzvfo4dawxi+state:results
j-nsp - [j-nsp] Summarize Global Table - 29 messages
Oct 25 - Oct 28 2011

9 messages - [j-nsp] full table ? 20 sep - oct 12 2011

17 messages on IDR -  draft on virtual aggregation Jul 2008 -
http://www.archivum.info/idr@ietf.org/2008-07/00008/Re-(Idr)-draft-on-virtual-aggregation.html

If those facts and numbers do not provide a sufficient basis to proceed
with the -va and simple-va documents I do not know what does. If we
think that we should move the discussion to ietf-interest or similar
bigger alias to discuss what community support for a given work in IETF
really means I will be happy to do that.

Best regards,
R.