Re: [Hipsec] Network-bound puzzles for HIP?

Thierry Moreau <thierry.moreau@connotech.com> Wed, 19 December 2012 18:49 UTC

Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:04:42 -0500
From: Thierry Moreau <thierry.moreau@connotech.com>
To: Hipsec@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Hipsec] Network-bound puzzles for HIP?

Hi!

An update ... no clear solution benefit for HIP denial-of-service
mitigation. The main point being that artificial latency introduced by
network-bound puzzles may be hard to control given the kind of
"acceptable" delays for a legitimate HIP connection.

(in case someone wants to investigate further, I advanced these ideas
for a different problem statement:
http://www.connotech.com/time_ticket_sub_prot.html title "Internet
Public Service Abuse Mitigation with a Time Ticket Sub-Protocol")

Regards,

- Thierry