[Ietf-http-auth] Re: Request for review and consensus -- draft-hartman-webauth-phishing

Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> Mon, 08 September 2008 09:02 UTC

From: Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org>
To: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>, Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf@mit.edu>
Cc: ietf-http-auth@osafoundation.org, ietf@ietf.org
Subject: [Ietf-http-auth] Re: Request for review and consensus -- draft-hartman-webauth-phishing
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 09:02:42 -0000

The document says that the intended status is 'Informational'.
Statements such as "IETF recommends", and normative words such as 'MUST'
as used as per RFC 2119, appears inconsistent with the intended use of
the 'Informational' status (RFC 2026 4.2.2):

   An "Informational" specification is published for the general
   information of the Internet community, and does not represent an
   Internet community consensus or recommendation.

Thus, I suggest that either

1) The intended status of the document is changed to
   Best-Current-Practice.

2) The normative words, references to RFC 2119, and statements regarding
   'IETF recommends' are removed.

I would prefer 1).

Thanks,
Simon