[I18ndir] Getting restarted and triage

"Pete Resnick" <resnick@episteme.net> Tue, 14 May 2019 18:01 UTC

From: Pete Resnick <resnick@episteme.net>
To: i18ndir@ietf.org
Cc: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 13:01:11 -0500
Subject: [I18ndir] Getting restarted and triage

Greetings,

Your faithful secretaries are getting off of their respective rear-ends
to get this directorate doing its regular directorate duties. This means
reviewing documents that are entering Last Call (or at the request of a
chair or AD) to look for i18n issues. To do this, we're going to want to
triage those documents, and then assign those with potential issues to a
reviewer; we don't have enough reviewers to look at every document like
GenART does. The two of us can do some of that triage, but we could use
some help, and for educational purposes we think it would be good to get
helpers.

A few of you have mentioned that you don't feel up to doing detailed
i18n reviews of documents, but would be interested in doing (or learning
to do) document triage. Please drop private email to either or both of
us and let us know. Our plan is to have a small group "review meeting"
with potential triagers and triage some documents together so you get
the hang of it. We'll also be creating a wiki of triage hints and tricks
based on the i18n bits of the old "Typical Apps Area Issues" wiki
<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/app/wiki/TypicalAppsAreaIssues> that the
Apps ADs made some time ago.

For the rest of you: Expect to see some documents appear in your queue
in the next little bit.

2 x Pete