Re: [i2rs] IETF 91 meeting requested - call for agenda; status reports?

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Sat, 27 September 2014 22:16 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: "'Acee Lindem (acee)'" <acee@cisco.com>, 'Jeffrey Haas' <jhaas@pfrc.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 18:16:33 -0400
Cc: i2rs@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [i2rs] IETF 91 meeting requested - call for agenda; status reports?

Acee:

I'm confused by this email thread because these slides state the authors are
looking for co-authors for netmod drafts. Are you as the co-chair of OSPF
declaring consensus on the OSPF yang model draft? Would you point me to the
email that indicates the WG Adoption call and conclusion?

The drafts I suggested are I2RS drafts for the I2RS datastore that allow it
to configure the routing agent directly. The only way these two drafts
interact is if the option 4 proposed by the Yang 1.1 interim (created
9/19/14) works.  It is unclear if it will work - that's under discussion.
There is no reason to stop the I2RS DM/IM models required by I2RS charter
work while we find out if option 4 works.

And out of curiosity, if we are now considering option 4 why don't you want
more input and collaboration that provides insight from people who looked at
the OSPF for the I2RS use that option 4 suggests?  We have complete IM and
DM (yang compiled) for the configuration we thought was necessary for I2RS
if the agent talked directly to the routing process (the assumption of all
I2RS with unique data store).

Sue

PS - the ISIS Draft is not listed as approved or listed on the ISIS mail
list as approved. It has not been updated since 6/27/14.  If you believe it
should be listed that way, you might want to talk to the ISIS co-chairs.