Re: [icnrg] New Version Notification for draft-zhang-icnrg-icniot-requirements-01.txt

"Jagodits, Thomas" <Thomas.Jagodits@hughes.com> Mon, 09 May 2016 13:51 UTC

From: "Jagodits, Thomas" <Thomas.Jagodits@hughes.com>
To: Dirk Kutscher <Dirk.Kutscher@neclab.eu>, "Rahman, Akbar" <Akbar.Rahman@InterDigital.com>, Ravi Ravindran <ravi.ravindran@huawei.com>, "icnrg@irtf.org" <icnrg@irtf.org>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 13:49:57 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.33.14.254]
Subject: Re: [icnrg] New Version Notification for draft-zhang-icnrg-icniot-requirements-01.txt

Hi,

Some minor comments that are mostly of editorial nature:

a)       [5.7] "..content that has not yet been published yet should also.." -> "..content that has not been published yet should also.."

b)      [2.6] Clause (4) could apply to any of the previous ones  that are listed. Need clarification why this is called out separately.

c)      [2.7 - Last sentence] A better wording would be: "Further the platform should incorporate caching, content security/privacy, and regulatory considerations".

d)      [2.8] Possibly one aspect that should be spelled out is granularity. The second paragraph mentions physical objects but one probably also wants to refer to logical entities (e.g. see 5.1).

e)      [5.4 - first bullet] This sentence should be reworded: "Here, the main challenge is to keep the ICN router state required to route/forward data low."

f)       [6.] The challenges listed in the Appendix are generic to IoT, not all the listed challenges apply to ICN.

Regards,

Thomas Jagodits