Re: [Idr] draft-decraene-idr-reserved-extended-communities-00

Tony Li <tony.li@tony.li> Sat, 13 November 2010 23:45 UTC

From: Tony Li <tony.li@tony.li>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 08:46:02 +0900
To: John Scudder <jgs@juniper.net>
Cc: "idr@ietf.org List" <idr@ietf.org>, "draft-decraene-idr-reserved-extended-communities@tools.ietf.org" <draft-decraene-idr-reserved-extended-communities@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-decraene-idr-reserved-extended-communities-00

I have no problem allocating code points and new registries once we have consensus on the draft.

However, I think reversing the process creates a suboptimal situation, wherein we could end up allocating code points and registries for drafts that we then decide to abandon.  This seems like a dangerous precedent.

I would propose that we discuss the draft first.

Tony