Re: IDR WG charter

Yakov Rekhter <yakov@juniper.net> Wed, 18 September 2002 15:52 UTC

To: "Gray, Eric" <egray@celoxnetworks.com>
Cc: idr@merit.edu
Subject: Re: IDR WG charter
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 08:53:25 -0700
From: Yakov Rekhter <yakov@juniper.net>
Sender: owner-idr@merit.edu

Eric,

> Yakov,
>
> 	I would like to understand whether those who
> rejected the new proposal did so because they felt
> the current charter is better, or because they are
> convinced that a better charter could be produced.
>
> 	At a minimum, the current charter needs to
> be updated.  If people are unhappy with proposals
> from the AD, then they should be explicit about
> their reasoning.  Ideally, those rejecting the
> proposal would make either specific suggestions
> as to changes or propose an alternative.
>
> 	As it is currently left, we are making no
> progress...

We certainly have "rough consensus" to accept the new charter,
and that is exactly what the WG is going to do.

The only thing we need to do with the new charter is to add
few items that have been missing, like Cease subcodes, Graceful
restart, Dynamic Capability (they've been missing both in the
current charter and in the new proposed charter), and settle
on the dates. I'll post the updated new charter within few
days.

Yakov.