Re: [dispatch] VIPR - proposed charter version 3

Peter Musgrave <peter.musgrave@magorcorp.com> Sat, 03 July 2010 21:48 UTC

Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 17:48:43 -0400
Subject: Re: [dispatch] VIPR - proposed charter version 3
From: Peter Musgrave <peter.musgrave@magorcorp.com>
To: Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us>
Cc: DISPATCH <dispatch@ietf.org>, "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>, Mary Barnes <mary.ietf.barnes@gmail.com>, IETF-Discussion list <ietf@ietf.org>

Hi Richard,

Clearly we don't want to be trying to solve the impossible - that could take
a really long time.

The mechanism in the ViPR drafts seemed to be able to accomplish the
"finding the party responsible for a number" - and IIRC this is based on
*running code* in the Cisco IME.

ViPR is frankly not beautiful (in the way ICE is not beautiful) but I do
think it can solve a problem which needs to be solved. Hence I support it.

Peter Musgrave