RE: [ipfix] STCP as a default transport not

"Carter Bullard" <carter@qosient.com> Tue, 07 October 2003 16:01 UTC

From: Carter Bullard <carter@qosient.com>
To: stbryant@cisco.com
Cc: 'Reinaldo Penno' <rpenno@nortelnetworks.com>, "'MEYER,JEFFREY D (HP-Cupertino,ex1)'" <jeff.meyer2@hp.com>, ipfix-chairs@net.doit.wisc.edu, ipfix@net.doit.wisc.edu
Subject: RE: [ipfix] STCP as a default transport not
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:34:02 -0400
Sender: majordomo listserver <majordomo@mil.doit.wisc.edu>

Hey Stewart,
The default transport for a standards track protocol should
at least be an RFC.  I'm not against having hooks to jumpstart
a PR-STCP association in IPFIX, but not as the default.  And
those hooks should come after the PR-STCP is described
as an RFC and has had some time to bake, and possibly more
important, after there is a working IPFIX to find out if you
even need its features.

As an internet draft its just an idea.

Carter

--