Re: [ipfix] STCP as a default transport not

"Randall Stewart (cisco)" <rrs@cisco.com> Sun, 12 October 2003 00:02 UTC

Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 18:34:45 -0500
From: "Randall Stewart (cisco)" <rrs@cisco.com>
To: carter@qosient.com
CC: stbryant@cisco.com, 'Reinaldo Penno' <rpenno@nortelnetworks.com>, "'MEYER,JEFFREY D (HP-Cupertino,ex1)'" <jeff.meyer2@hp.com>, ipfix-chairs@net.doit.wisc.edu, ipfix@net.doit.wisc.edu
Subject: Re: [ipfix] STCP as a default transport not
Sender: majordomo listserver <majordomo@mil.doit.wisc.edu>

Carter:

Long before you get IPFIX into RFC PR-SCTP WILL be an RFC. It finished
TSVWG last call quite some time ago.. and I have just recently
corresponded with
Jon Peterson (Chair of TSV and AD in transport).. he stated to me:

>It will go to IESG last call
>as soon as the AD review phase is complete. There are a few matters related
>to this draft on which Allison and I still need to confer. I apologize for
>the delay, and I anticipate that the draft will advance to IETF last call
>shortly.

So unless you can get all of IPFIX finished in the next say.. three
months or so I don't
see how you could beat PR-SCTP to RFC status.

Now as far as working implementations... In June at the bakeoff we had
four interoperable implementations... and most of the others present
planned on
testing PR-SCTP at the next bakeoff (which will occur sometime early in
2004)

Regards

Randall R. Stewart
ITD