Re: [IPFIX] comments on draft-scholz-ipfix-rtp-msg-00

Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com> Wed, 28 March 2012 10:56 UTC

From: Hadriel Kaplan <HKaplan@acmepacket.com>
To: "Aamer Akhter (aakhter)" <aakhter@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:56:01 +0000
x-originating-ip: [216.41.24.34]
Cc: "<ipfix@ietf.org>" <ipfix@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [IPFIX] comments on draft-scholz-ipfix-rtp-msg-00

Makes sense to me.

OK, so as I said in another email, the tricky part about this will be coming up with a consistent set of metrics across vendors, because if it's just one vendor's implementation model then it really shouldn't get an IANA-allocated IE number, should it?  It's effectively proprietary and that's what PENs are for, no?  Otherwise we'll be allocating hundreds of IANA-numberspace IEs, different ones for each vendor (my company alone has around few dozen different reported fields for RTP/RTCP).

-hadriel
p.s. why are your drafts in OPSAWG?