Re: [IPFIX] AD Review of draft-ietf-ipfix-export-per-sctp-stream-02 -> impact on performance and capacity

"Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Wed, 17 June 2009 10:24 UTC

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:24:04 +0200
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>
Cc: "Peter Lei (peterlei)" <peterlei@cisco.com>, Michael Tuexen <tuexen@fh-muenster.de>, IETF IPFIX Working Group <ipfix@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [IPFIX] AD Review of draft-ietf-ipfix-export-per-sctp-stream-02 -> impact on performance and capacity

Hi Benoit,

Yes, this is the type of information that I was looking for. My reading
of your answer is that the impact of adding SCTP streams in an existing
session versus opening a new SCTP session is minor, with a possible plus
of efficiency at setup time. Processing overhead and message overhead
may potentially be a problem, and care should be exercised in deployment
in order to understand the effects.

Can we add corresponding text on this?

Thanks and Regards,

Dan