Re: [IPFIX] AD Review of draft-ietf-ipfix-export-per-sctp-stream-02 -> reference

Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com> Tue, 16 June 2009 07:48 UTC

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:48:04 +0200
From: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>
To: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
Cc: "ipfix@ietf.org" <ipfix@ietf.org>, ipfix-chairs@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [IPFIX] AD Review of draft-ietf-ipfix-export-per-sctp-stream-02 -> reference

Dan,

See this email:

    -------- Original Message --------

    Subject: 	Re: [Tsvwg] WG adoption of draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctpstrrst
    Date: 	Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:28:41 -0400
    From: 	Lars Eggert <lars.eggert@nokia.com>
    To: 	tsvwg <tsvwg@ietf.org>
    CC: 	draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctpstrrst@tools.ietf.org

    The consensus from SF has been confirmed. Authors, please submit the
    next version of this document as draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-00.

    Lars

    On 2009-4-8, at 11:12, Eggert Lars (Nokia-NRC/Espoo) wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > during the WG meeting in SF, there was consensus to take on draft-
    > stewart-tsvwg-sctpstrrst as a WG item in TSVWG. As always, we'd like
    > to confirm this result on the list. If you disagree with this
    > consensus decision, please speak up by April 15.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Lars

However, draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctpstrrst has not been posted yet

Some background information from
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08nov/minutes/ipfix.txt

    Dan (AD):
    This draft cannot be a normative reference as long as it is
    not adopted by a the TSVWG. Suggestion: describe the mechanism in the
    normative part of the text and add an informative reference to the
    SCTP-RESET document. Once the document is included in the Transport WG
    charter it can be used as a normative reference.

I propose that we keep our plan, without waiting for a dependency on the
(future) TSV WG item.
Are we still in sync?

Regards, Benoit.