RE : [ippm] comments on draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-mib-04.txt

Andy Bierman <abierman@cisco.com> Fri, 05 December 2003 00:28 UTC

Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:45:20 -0800
To: STEPHAN Emile FTRD/DAC/LAN <emile.stephan@rd.francetelecom.com>
From: Andy Bierman <abierman@cisco.com>
Subject: RE : [ippm] comments on draft-ietf-ippm-reporting-mib-04.txt
Cc: "Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE-NCC)" <henk@ripe.net>, Matthew J Zekauskas <matt@internet2.edu>, "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>, ippm@ietf.org
Sender: ippm-admin@ietf.org

At 07:45 AM 12/4/2003, STEPHAN Emile FTRD/DAC/LAN wrote:
>Dear All,

I think Implementation A and B make sense for this MIB.
Filtering and notification can be done with a different MIB,
such as the ALARM-MIB under development in the DISMAN WG.
High level (EMS) features such as email or SMS notification can
be left for future work or not standardized.

It seems to me that the WG wants this MIB to be drastically
simplified before it will be considered further.  To me, that
means remove all objects that are not needed for Implementation
A and B described below.

Andy