RE: [Iptel] Originating trunk group without calling number (Was[Re:Comments on Trunk Group ID])

"Shan Lu" <shanlu@sentito.com> Wed, 17 November 2004 15:13 UTC

From: Shan Lu <shanlu@sentito.com>
To: 'Takuya Sawada' <tu-sawada@kddi.com>, vkg@lucent.com
Subject: RE: [Iptel] Originating trunk group without calling number (Was[Re:Comments on Trunk Group ID])
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:02:27 -0500
Cc: iptel@ietf.org
Sender: iptel-bounces@ietf.org

Takuya and Vijay,

I believe there are two steps here. The first one is to come up with a valid
tel-uri format. The second step is to put it in a SIP header and most likely
convert it to SIP URI.

WRT step 1, we have two proposals:

A) tel:-;phone-context=local;tgrp=foo
B) tel:0000;phone-context=local;tgrp=foo

Takuya correctly pointed out that "phone-context" must be present in both
formats.

Assuming Proposal A passes 2806bis validity test, I definitely favor it. My
concern w/ B is the potential confusion that "0000" (or any other digit
string) may create in a local numbering plan.

Regards,

Shan Lu