RE: [dhcwg] Question to DHCPv6 Relay Implementors regarding draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements

Vasilenko Eduard <vasilenko.eduard@huawei.com> Fri, 09 October 2020 10:09 UTC

From: Vasilenko Eduard <vasilenko.eduard@huawei.com>
To: Jen Linkova <furry13@gmail.com>, "ianfarrer@gmx.com" <ianfarrer@gmx.com>
CC: dhcwg <dhcwg@ietf.org>, v6ops list <v6ops@ietf.org>, 6man <ipv6@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] Question to DHCPv6 Relay Implementors regarding draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 10:09:41 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.194.210]

Well, the root cause is the same.
But this is not related to current "renumbering", because current draft is concentrated on ND fixes (1st hop).
We have the discussion here about challenges in converting DHCP into routing protocol. Prefix distribution on the wide scale was always "the routing".
Different network layers, different purpose, different protocols - it should be discussed in different standards, despite the common root cause.
Ed/