RE: Poll to adopt initial milestones for the new L3VPN charter

"NAPIERALA, MARIA H (ATTLABS)" <mn1921@att.com> Wed, 29 September 2010 12:02 UTC

Subject: RE: Poll to adopt initial milestones for the new L3VPN charter
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:02:34 -0400
From: "NAPIERALA, MARIA H (ATTLABS)" <mn1921@att.com>
To: Thomas Morin <thomas.morin@orange-ftgroup.com>, L3VPN <l3vpn@ietf.org>

Thomas,
actually, you have listed a technical reason for coupling acceptance of "Wildcard S-PMSIs" with acceptance of "PIM without MI-PMSI", namely that Wildcard S-PMSI, quote, “is a key building block of the ‘PIM over MS-PMSI’ approach”.
In addition, there is no technical reason to develop, for example, Extranet or Wildcard documents but not to develop PIM without MI-PMSI or bidirectional P-tunnels documents.
We should be solving the real needs of Service Providers. I have responded as such already to Ben’s poll. One or two people cannot decide which MVPN documents/improvements are to be worked on by the WG and which are not, because the latter improvements do not fit those people “strategy”.

Maria