Re: [Lsr] FW: New Version Notification for draft-bonica-lsr-ip-flexalgo-00.txt

"Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com> Mon, 12 October 2020 07:12 UTC

From: "Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com>
To: Jeff Tantsura <jefftant.ietf@gmail.com>, Ron Bonica <rbonica@juniper.net>
CC: Peter Psenak <ppsenak@cisco.com>, Yingzhen Qu <yingzhen.qu@futurewei.com>, Gyan Mishra <hayabusagsm@gmail.com>, "lsr@ietf.org" <lsr@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 07:12:30 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.108.243.143]
Subject: Re: [Lsr] FW: New Version Notification for draft-bonica-lsr-ip-flexalgo-00.txt

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your explanation. I understand that for different data plane the SIDs or IP addresses have different scope, and will not conflict in normal cases.

My question is more about whether a computation node needs to know and check which data plane is used by the intermediate nodes to bind to the Flex-Algo? In another word, can an SR path computed using Flex-Algo 128 go through an intermediate node which bind Flex-Algo 128 to IP data plane?

Best regards,
Jie