Re: [marf] Abuse reporting, was draft-jdfalk-marf-as

"Murray S. Kucherawy" <msk@cloudmark.com> Wed, 29 June 2011 17:42 UTC

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <msk@cloudmark.com>
To: "marf@ietf.org" <marf@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:42:35 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [marf] Abuse reporting, was draft-jdfalk-marf-as

We'd have to recharter to do it.  For now if you want to get started, post it as an individual submission, and later we can consider rechartering to take it on.

Also, John pointed you at the WEIRDS pre-working-group list.  ICANN people approached me about starting that effort up, and right now they're exploring requirements.  There will probably be a bar BoF at the Quebec City conference next month followed by a lobby to create a working group later on once they get some momentum going.

It's true that any standard we produce won't compel a WHOIS provider to give out information it doesn't want to make available, but ICANN does have a little more stomping power on registrars than the IETF does.

-MSK