Re: [Mip4] Status update & Recharter effort

"Jayshree Bharatia" <jayshree@nortel.com> Thu, 12 February 2009 14:11 UTC

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:11:09 -0600
From: Jayshree Bharatia <jayshree@nortel.com>
To: McCann Peter-A001034 <pete.mccann@motorola.com>
Cc: mip4@ietf.org, Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>
Subject: Re: [Mip4] Status update & Recharter effort

Pete,

Regarding your following proposal:

draft-deng-mip4-host-configuration-00.txt
draft-chakrabarti-mip4-mcbc-03.txt
  These two items are related, because DHCP uses IP-layer broadcast
  to deliver DHCPREQUEST messages.  I'd like to propose that we drop
  the gen-ext draft and add these two.  Comments?

Per my understanding, gen-ext and
draft-deng-mip4-host-configuration-00.txt are related. Gen-ext draft has
been there for a while and there are implementations deployed based on
the solution proposed by this draft. It is a working group draft went
through multiple WG last calls in this group. I don't see technical
argument from you which invalidates acceptance of this draft.

I strongly oppose your suggestion on dropping gen-ext draft.

Regards,
Jayshree