Re: [Mip4] Status update & Recharter effort

"McCann Peter-A001034" <pete.mccann@motorola.com> Thu, 12 February 2009 19:37 UTC

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:37:11 -0500
From: McCann Peter-A001034 <pete.mccann@motorola.com>
To: Jayshree Bharatia <jayshree@nortel.com>
Cc: mip4@ietf.org, Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>
Subject: Re: [Mip4] Status update & Recharter effort

Hi, Jayshree,

Thanks for your input.

The issue was raised during AD review that we might not want more
than one protocol for configuring options on the host.  Given that
DHCP can be made to work over a Mobile IP tunnel, it might be the
preferred option.

I know that we've had the gen-ext draft as a working group document
for some time and there was consensus to advance it from within the
working group.  However, based on the feedback we got as part of a
wider review, it might be necessary to revisit the question of which
approach to take.

-Pete