RE: [Mipshop] Gauging interest in official WG adoption ofinternetdrafts

"Narayanan, Vidya" <vidyan@qualcomm.com> Mon, 27 March 2006 16:09 UTC

Subject: RE: [Mipshop] Gauging interest in official WG adoption ofinternetdrafts
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:09:50 -0800
From: "Narayanan, Vidya" <vidyan@qualcomm.com>
To: Julien Bournelle <julien.bournelle@int-evry.fr>, Junghoon Jee <jhjee@etri.re.kr>
Cc: "Dondeti, Lakshminath" <ldondeti@qualcomm.com>, mipshop@ietf.org

Hi Junghoon,
As Julien, Lakshminath and I pointed out, the issue Sam has is with
using an EAP-derived AMSK for application keying. The AAA-based key
derivation itself is well-aligned with RFC4004 and there is no issue
with this. We will be removing the appendix on HMK derivation - it was
always planned to be a separate I-D and that needs to wait until the
AMSK dust settles down.

Thanks,
Vidya