Re: [Mipshop] Gauging interest in official WG adoptionofinternetdrafts

"James Kempf" <kempf@docomolabs-usa.com> Mon, 27 March 2006 17:50 UTC

From: James Kempf <kempf@docomolabs-usa.com>
To: "Narayanan, Vidya" <vidyan@qualcomm.com>, Julien Bournelle <julien.bournelle@int-evry.fr>, Junghoon Jee <jhjee@etri.re.kr>
Subject: Re: [Mipshop] Gauging interest in official WG adoptionofinternetdrafts
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:53:55 -0800
Cc: mipshop@ietf.org, "Dondeti, Lakshminath" <ldondeti@qualcomm.com>

Since the bulk of the draft describes a protocol for AAA-based handover key
provisioning, I don't think there should be any linkage with the EAP AMSK
issue if an appendectomy is performed. However, that does not mean that the
SEC ADs won't have an issue with the draft when the WG requests that it be
published. If the method for deriving the key is left unspecified, or a
default method of static configuration is suggested, it may not be
acceptable. Therefore, I think it would be worthwhile asking the SEC ADs
about the draft.

            jak