RE: [MMUSIC] SDPCapNeg-06 Issue #3: More Fine-grained Control ofRequired Extensions

"Stach, Thomas" <thomas.stach@siemens.com> Wed, 12 September 2007 09:37 UTC

Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] SDPCapNeg-06 Issue #3: More Fine-grained Control ofRequired Extensions
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:37:36 +0200
From: "Stach, Thomas" <thomas.stach@siemens.com>
To: Flemming Andreasen <fandreas@cisco.com>, mmusic <mmusic@ietf.org>

Fleming,

I agree.
We should not unnecesarily restrict the extensibility.

I just want to clarify what you have in mind.
The declaration of optional and mandatory attributes from draft 06 looks
as follows:
a=pcfg:1 a=1,2,[3,4]
Here attribute 1 and 2 are mandatory to support and [3,4] are optional.

If there is an extension foo that defines a letter f for the pcfg
attribute.
A a=creq:foo at media level would mean that the extension must be
supported for the m-line
and all related pcfg for this m-line.

If just a potential configuration is affected the pcfg attribute one
could extend the "bracket syntax" to the extensions.
That could look like
a=pcfg:1 a=1,2,[3,4] f=1,2 in case of mandatory support for 1,2 and
a=pcfg:1 a=1,2,[3,4] [f=1,2] in case of optional support for 1,2 and
a=pcfg:1 a=1,2,[3,4] f=1,[2] in case of mandatory support for f=1 and
optionallly f=2.

Is this (or something similar) what you have in mind?
If yes, then such an extended "bracket syntax" should be specified
already in the core.

Regards
Thomas