Re: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-misc-cap-00.txt

"Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com> Wed, 17 March 2010 13:56 UTC

From: "Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com>
To: "Simo.Veikkolainen@nokia.com" <Simo.Veikkolainen@nokia.com>, "mmusic@ietf.org" <mmusic@ietf.org>, "jf.mule@cablelabs.com" <jf.mule@cablelabs.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:56:01 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-misc-cap-00.txt

The reason I query this is because of the c-line negotiation mechanism, which introduces a new way of negotiation between IPv4 and IPv6, in contradiction to the outcome of IETF#68, when there was consensus to use ICE as the basis, rather than ANAT or SDP capability negotiation (and leading to the deprecation of ANAT in the approved ICE draft). Although I was not present in Stockholm, it is clear from the minutes that this issue was opened up again, but with no consensus. Therefore, after 8 months silence on the subject, it was a complete surprise to me to see a WG draft with a cap-neg-based mechanism for IPv4/IPv6 negotiation.

So I would indeed appreciate a comment from the chairs on this.

John