Re: [mpls-tp] liaisons to the ITU-T (3) the cooperation on MPLS-TP

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Tue, 10 February 2009 10:17 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: BUSI ITALO <Italo.Busi@alcatel-lucent.it>, Thomas Walsh <twalsh@juniper.net>, Maarten Vissers <maarten.vissers@huawei.com>, davarish@yahoo.com, stbryant@cisco.com, hhelvoort@chello.nl
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:15:16 -0000
Cc: mpls-tp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] liaisons to the ITU-T (3) the cooperation on MPLS-TP

Whoa there Dobbin!

If you must quote people out of context, please at lead quote whole
subordinate clauses. Preferably whole sentences.

I said "If the ITU-T is not willing to produce this work I must assume that
the JWT agreement is not backed by meaningful intent."

Sounds like an accurate statement.
- It is a statement of my predicted behaviour
- It is not (IMHO) a reasonable cause and effect

I understand that the ITU does not spit out working drafts in quite the same
way as the IETF. The tendency being to cluster drafting around the interim
meetings. However, in view of the Rapporteur's statement that he expects to
see editor's revisions (presumably with meaningful content/changes?) before
he will agree to the scheduling of an interim meeting, I would hope to see
some work starting soon.

The debate about whether the I-Ds are stable is valid. If I was editing a
new revision of a Recommendation, I would want to know that the I-Ds I
depended on were about 75% stable before I started. But I don't think I
would need over 95% stability until I was close to finished with my work.

Cheers,
Adrian