Re: [mpls] MPLS-RT review of draft-pdutta-mpls-tldp-hello-reduce-03

Lizhong Jin<lizhong.jin@zte.com.cn> Mon, 23 July 2012 09:12 UTC

To: "Dutta, Pranjal K (Pranjal)" <pranjal.dutta@alcatel-lucent.com>, mpls@ietf.org, Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@juniper.net>, Giles Heron <giheron@cisco.com>
From: Lizhong Jin <lizhong.jin@zte.com.cn>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 17:12:36 +0800
Cc: Ross Callon <rcallon@juniper.net>
Subject: Re: [mpls] MPLS-RT review of draft-pdutta-mpls-tldp-hello-reduce-03

Hi all,
I've reviewed this draft, and have two comments that need to be clarifed:
1. Target Hello tracks the liveness of hello adjacency, while LDP
keepalive tracks the liveness of session. Do you mean it is not necessary
to track the liveness of hello adjacency, or substitute it with liveness
tracking of session? Hello address maybe different with trasport address.
2. Target hellos are not only used for liveness track, but also parameter
negotiation and updating. When negotiated to infinite, what time interval
would be used to send the updated hello (e.g, hello with new Optional
Parameters in potential draft-pdutta-mpls-ldp-adj-capability) message? UDP
hello is not reliable, would be renegotiated to configured hello hold time
first?

Summary of review:
a. whether the document is coherent?
Good description on the motivation, need more detail in technical
description (e.g, refer to my second comment).

b. is it useful?
Yes.

d. is technically sound ?
Need some clarification.

e. is ready to be considered for WG adoption ?
After clarification, it should be ready for WG adoption.

Regards
Lizhong

Ross Callon <rcallon@juniper.net> wrote 2012/07/18 05:49:55:

> Markus, Lizhong, Thomas;
>
> You have been selected as an MPLS Review team reviewers for
> draft-pdutta-mpls-tldp-hello-reduce-03
>
> Note to authors: You have been CC’d on this email so that you can know
that
> this review is going on. However, please do not review your own
document.

> Reviews should comment on whether the document is coherent, is it useful
> (ie, is it likely to be actually useful in operational networks), and is
> the document technically sound?  We are interested in knowing whether
the
> document is ready to be considered for WG adoption (ie, it doesn’t have
> be perfect at this point, but should be a good start).
>
> Reviews should be sent to the document authors, WG co-chairs and
secretary,
> and CC’d to the MPLS WG email list. If necessary, comments may be sent
> privately to only the WG chairs.
>
> Are you able to review this draft by August 3, 2012 (ie, the end of the
IETF