[dnsext] New Version Notification for draft-ah-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr-03.txt (fwd)

Alfred Hönes <ah@TR-Sys.de> Fri, 09 March 2012 13:11 UTC

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=ietf.org; s=ietf1; t=1331298695; bh=hXys6Ud/BssN8CKruyLzeSmNJUF4VpD5qtc52iKUvhA=; h=From:Message-Id:To:Date:Mime-Version:Subject:List-Id: List-Unsubscribe:List-Archive:List-Post:List-Help:List-Subscribe: Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Sender; b=hD3VO7VhAEGhgpsSJqGGtaQQhD4FH3pque/8WjxDbOCJa0bklDrxc9vukMOpzZHhQ IF8bQ0uIEB3NL4grw0wmRGiUWq6gH7gvQ/9NUzEMjazhDgOr44qwbJB94jHE2krdxF DqLj+jAlvYLSy7b/ZV2tixbjxnbRrKfjp4xna3ks=
From: Alfred Hönes <ah@TR-Sys.de>
To: dnsext@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 14:10:26 +0100
Subject: [dnsext] New Version Notification for draft-ah-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr-03.txt (fwd)
Sender: dnsext-bounces@ietf.org

Folks,
I have submitted a revised version of our RFC 1995bis (IXRF) draft.

As discussed at the Maastricht (IETF 78) and Prague (IETF 80)
DNSEXT sessions, this topic is regarded as covered by the
chartered work item for DNSEXT vovering IXFR-ONLY.

The new version tries to capture the outcome of the on-list
discussion (and some internal conversations) since the posting
of the -02 version last spring, after IETF 80, in particular
the related threads on namedroppers in June/August 2011.
My apologies for the delays in the editorial work.

To allow better threading of related list submissions, I will post
two more messages regarding:

a) the changes from -02 to -03 ; and

b) the next steps with this draft.

Please review the draft and the changes and opt for the next steps
to undertake with the I-D, as will be detailed soon in these
upcoming messages.

----- Forwarded message from internet-drafts@ietf.org -----

> From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
> To: ah@TR-Sys.de
> Cc: ondrej.sury@nic.cz
> Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 04:12:27 -0800
> Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ah-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr-03.txt
>
> A new version of I-D, draft-ah-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr-03.txt
> has been successfully submitted by Alfred Hoenes and posted
> to the IETF repository.
>
> Filename:        draft-ah-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr
> Revision:        03
> Title:           DNS Incremental Zone Transfer Protocol (IXFR)
> Creation date:   2012-03-09
> WG ID:           Individual Submission
> Number of pages: 32
>
> Abstract:
>    The standard means within the Domain Name System protocol for
>    maintaining coherence among a zone&#39;s authoritative name servers
>    consists of three mechanisms.  Incremental Zone Transfer (IXFR) is
>    one of the mechanisms and originally was defined in RFC 1995.
>
>    This document aims to provide a more detailed and up-to-date
>    specification of the IXFR mechanism and to align it with the current
>    specification of the primary zone transfer mechanism, AXFR, given in
>    RFC 5936.  Further, based on operational experience, this document
>    juxtaposes to the original IXFR query a new query type, IXFR-ONLY,
>    that will likely be preferred over IXFR in specific deployments.
>
>    This document obsoletes and replaces RFC 1995.
>

> The IETF Secretariat

----- End of forwarded message from internet-drafts@ietf.org -----

The draft and diffs are available online at the common locations,
including the IETF Tools page:
  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ah-dnsext-rfc1995bis-ixfr-03>

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.