Re: [Netconf] In an update, when is a delete a delete?

Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com> Mon, 22 May 2017 19:29 UTC

Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 21:29:46 +0200
To: alexander.clemm@huawei.com
Cc: netconf@ietf.org
From: Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com>
Subject: Re: [Netconf] In an update, when is a delete a delete?

Alexander Clemm <alexander.clemm@huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Almost overlooked your question below.  What is meant by the filter is
> specified in section 3.5 of the YANG-Push document.
>
> "Only a single filter can be applied to a subscription at a time.  The
> following filter types are included in the yang-push data model:
> [subtree] [xpath]"

Actually, only "subtree" is defined in yang-push, "xpath" is defined
in subscribed-notifications.  [Side note - I think this is wrong,
subscribed-notifications should also define "subtree".]

But these filters are used by the server to decide if a certain
notification that has been generated will be sent to the client or
not.

If you want to define filters to specifify which nodes to
subscribe to, I think you need to define new filters, not try to
reuese these notification filters.

As for your question, I think such a filter should be defined to
return a node-set to which the client subscribe to changes.  If any
node (or subnode to) in this node-set changes, the notif will be
sent.  Then the question about value comparision is not relevant
anymore.

/martin