Re: [netext] Comments & Questions on the I-D: draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-00

"MELIA TELEMACO" <Telemaco.Melia@alcatel-lucent.com> Thu, 22 July 2010 09:06 UTC

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:06:51 +0200
From: MELIA TELEMACO <Telemaco.Melia@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: cjbc@it.uc3m.es, Tran Minh Trung <trungtm@etri.re.kr>
Cc: netext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netext] Comments & Questions on the I-D: draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-00

Hi all,

The ID Carlos posted proposes a network based signaling to achieve flow mobility. As Juan Carlos stated earlier the LMA takes flow mobility decisions based on external triggers and while these triggers are out of scope for the solution design document people might feel free to adopt any of them. Although achieving the same goal, the proposed method is semantically different from the one specified for DSMIP. We should not mix things.

telemaco