Re: [netext] Comments & Questions on theI-D:draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-00

"Zuniga, Juan Carlos" <JuanCarlos.Zuniga@InterDigital.com> Wed, 21 July 2010 21:06 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:06:16 -0400
From: "Zuniga, Juan Carlos" <JuanCarlos.Zuniga@InterDigital.com>
To: pierrick.seite@orange-ftgroup.com, trungtm@etri.re.kr
Cc: netext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netext] Comments & Questions on theI-D:draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-00

Pierrick, Tran Minh,

As Carlos mentioned in his first response to Tran Minh, the necessary requirements of the logical interface to support flow mobility should be captured in the applicability document. The current wording in "draft-melia-netext-logical-interface-support-01" is a little messy due to the last minute merger of two other i-ds, but this is the place where the overall system should be described (i.e. beyond PMIP changes).

Regarding the MN driven decision, we discussed in the past that a trigger could be sent to the LMA via L2.5 signalling. This would not be in scope for the solution document (draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-00) which, as Pierrick points out, only considers network based solutions. However, it should be documented in the applicability document as this could be one more input at the LMA to trigger the flow mobility (from the network). By making this distinction, we allow both MN and LMA to start the flow mobility, and still limit the mobility management solution to be network based.

Regards,

Juan-Carlos