Re: [netext] Update on flow mobility following discussion with ADs

"Zuniga, Juan Carlos" <JuanCarlos.Zuniga@InterDigital.com> Fri, 04 March 2011 19:58 UTC

Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 14:59:10 -0500
From: "Zuniga, Juan Carlos" <JuanCarlos.Zuniga@InterDigital.com>
To: Julien Laganier <julien.ietf@gmail.com>, Rajeev Koodli <rkoodli@cisco.com>
Cc: netext@ietf.org, Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com
Subject: Re: [netext] Update on flow mobility following discussion with ADs

Julien,

Capability discovery can be achieved by layer-2, 3 or even 7. The
current charter restriction is specifically about no MN-ntwk PMIP
signalling, and layer-2 signalling is outside the scope.

Hence, I think it is fair to design a PMIP flow mobility solution with
the following assumptions:

1) MN capabilities are known,
2) possible existence of layer-2 signalling to provide hints (HI=Flow
Mobility),
3) and possible non-existence of layer-2 signalling to provide hints
(HI=Unknown)

Cheers,

Juan Carlos