Re: [netext] Needs of traffic spec. on MAG?

Sri Gundavelli <sgundave@cisco.com> Mon, 09 August 2010 23:02 UTC

Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 16:05:24 -0700
From: Sri Gundavelli <sgundave@cisco.com>
To: cjbc@it.uc3m.es, Behcet Sarikaya <sarikaya@ieee.org>
Cc: netext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netext] Needs of traffic spec. on MAG?

Hi Carlos,

I think, the issue is with the TS format field, in the Traffic Selector
Mobility option (new option defined by this spec). It has the numbering
space. But, does not do any allocations for the existing TS specs. Note that
this numbering space is different from the TS format field in Traffic
Selector sub-option defined in MEXT flow binding draft

Just as in MEXT flow mobility draft, we need to pre-allocate the types for
the TS format field, as part of this numbering space. I agree, we dont
include the message/format definition, but the identifier allocation is what
needed. Format is out of scope, but not the numbering space. We need unique
identity for each of the flow spec that can be carried over these options.

1. IPv4 Binary TS
2. IPv6 Binary TS
3. XYZ

Regards